Signal Integrity Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Engineering role, you'll:
- Perform feasibility study for complex high speed board designs with leading edge high speed interfaces and high power consumption
- Review and signoff schematic and PCB layout for signal integrity and power integrity
- Perform power integrity and signal integrity simulation for SoC package and PCBs , and work with cross functional team to optimize the design
- Develop signoff and simulation methodology
- Conduct hardware design validation for PCBs
- Drive the debug of electrical issues
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- MS degree in EE or CS, or equivalent practical experience, with 3+ years relevant working experience
- Experience with chip and package level design and analysis
- Experience with power integrity analysis, high speed I/O interfaces, or memory systems, e.g., DDR4, HMC, PCIe, SATA, Ethernet, MIPI, FPD-Link, GMSL
- Familiar with signal and power integrity simulation methodology using tools such as ADS, Hspice, HFSS, and PowerSI
- Experience with electrical measurement and debug with oscilloscope, VNA, TDR, and BERT
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience designing and validating large and complex boards with bleeding edge high-speed interfaces for high-volume production
- Strong electrical debug capability, having the technical breadth and technical leadership skills to bridge various functional teams
- Familiar with voltage regulator design
- Familiar with I/O bus protocols
- Basic software programming or scripting skills (e.g., Python, C/C++)
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.