Senior UX Researcher
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Senior UX Researcher role you'll:
- Define and maintain a research roadmap on a specific domain area to build longitudinal expertise in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Run collaborative cross-functional research programs from end-to-end leveraging methodologies to suit the question - lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, job shadowing, experiments (A/B testing), and participatory exercises
- Drive change by translating research insights into persuasive narratives that inspire innovative solutions and inform key designs and decisions
- Craft and champion actionable recommendations to integrate with stakeholder workflows and improve operations, processes, and service
- Understand and translate complex technical and business needs into insights and recommendations
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science Design Research, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years industry experience conducting user research, design research, ethnographic, and/or market research
It's preferred if you have:
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Anthropology, Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, Cognitive Psychology, or other field
- Experience leveraging a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis techniques in highly diverse disciplinary environments
- Dexterity to work on both customer facing products as well as internal tools for engineering operations and workflows
- Research experience specifically focused on transportation as a service or mobility at a technology company
- Proven ability to manage large-scale projects across a diverse set of stakeholders, launch and scale successful consumer products or services
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.