Intern, Research, Behavior Prediction, Planning and Controls
Mountain View, California, United States
New York, New York, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
At Waymo, we are building the brains of Waymo’s self driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, predict how it is likely to evolve and make the right decision for every situation. We conduct novel research to address real-world behavior prediction, imitation learning, planning and control problems and collaborate with research teams at Alphabet. Here at Waymo, we have access to millions of miles of real driving data from a diverse set of sensors, enabling researchers like you to develop complex models and techniques at scale. Improvements deployed to our system can immediately impact our large fleet of autonomous vehicles.
We are looking for researchers who are curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this research internship, you'll:
- Conduct cutting edge research to develop new algorithms to solve challenging real-world problems such as behavior prediction, imitation learning, planning and controls
- Deploy your algorithms and models onto a fleet of self driving cars
- Participate in publishing findings in academic conferences and journals
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Must be enrolled in a MS or PhD program in Computer Science, Robotics or similar technical field of study
- Strong algorithmic background
- Experience in at least one of: computer vision, machine learning or robotics
- Experience in Python and/or C++
- Open to opportunities in Mountain View or New York City
It’s preferred if you have:
- Knowledge of Tensorflow
- Large-scale data processing and analytical skills
- Experience with Deep Learning Models (e.g. RNN/LSTM, CNN, VAE, GAN, etc)
- A strong publication record in top computer vision, robotics, and machine learning conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICRA, IROS, RSS, ICLR, Neurips, ICML, etc
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.