Administrative Business Partner, Hardware
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a Waymo Administrative Business Partner (ABP), you'll be at the heart of your team's operations and activities, constantly keeping the team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of your managers and team members and help them to stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly within a rapidly evolving environment, while staying up-to-date with the latest Waymo developments. You’ll also use that knowledge to strategically support your team's projects & OKRs. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the polished and experienced business judgment + clear communication skills needed to interact with a wide variety of colleagues and job functions.
In this Administrative Business Partner role, you will:
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks like manage busy calendars, book occasional travel/events, process expenses, schedule facilities and equipment
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies
- Serve as a lead for small projects as required, and setup tools to onboard new team members quickly
- Help leaders by understanding team needs and pain points
- Plan space as the company grows exponentially
- Help coordinate team and company-wide events
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in administrative support
- Experience project leading from conception to completion
- Demonstrated knowledge of process, project and program management theory and practices, with the ability to apply them when solving operational issues
- The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions and an ability to adhere to an expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
It’s preferred if you have:
- Previous experience providing administrative support to an Engineering Hardware team
- Start-up or tech-industry experience
- Experience supporting directors or above with large teams
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.