Product Manager, Fleet Response
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Product Manager role you'll:
- Collaborate closely with engineering, operations, and other PMs to define the long-term picture of how to remotely monitor a fleet of driverless vehicles, and own the engineering roadmap towards that vision
- Make technical and operational prioritization decisions across a complex system that simultaneously depends on hardware, software and human factors
- Investigate issues arising from different sources, including operations, software, and hardware; perform root-cause analysis and identify systemic issues
- Partner with engineering, operations, and finance to develop and organize a scalable workforce
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- Interest in solving highly cross-functional technical / organizational issues
- The ability to think about the long-term, and then decompose that vision into concrete, actionable plans
- The desire to understand detailed technical and operational processes and a hunger to improve things
- Strong product design skills, with an eye towards building functional, efficient user experiences
- Fluent in both retrieving and analyzing data, proficient in SQL/Dremel
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
- Experience in management consulting or operations improvement
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.