Software Engineer - Camera Drivers
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Hardware Engineering role, you'll:
- Design, develop, modify, and/or test software needed for various Waymo projects
- Develop, deploy, and optimize custom drivers that run camera systems
- Work on ISP feature specifications, silicon bring-up and validation, API development, and tools creation
- Support products from the early development and prototyping phases through to mass production
- Design and implement plumbing needed to integrate new sensors into the self-driving car
- Deploy and troubleshoot camera system software
It's preferred if you have:
- Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field and three years of experience involving the following:
- Bringing up and working with various camera-specific and hardware-focused communication interfaces, such as MIPI, I2C, RS232, USB, or Ethernet
- Use of and programming of lab instruments, such as oscilloscopes, programmable power supplies, spectrum analyzers, and signal generators
- Linux kernel and device-driver development
- Board schematics hardware and HDL
- Programming languages, such as C or C++
- Numerical analysis and data visualization with tools such as Python
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.