Senior Program Manager, Automotive Partnerships and Programs
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Vehicle Partnerships team builds and maintains forward-looking relationships with vehicle OEMs. Waymo is building a better driver, and we partner with manufacturers to deliver our unique technology to appropriate vehicles. As a member of this cross-functional team, you'll have a tremendous effect on Waymo's future as you define, develop and execute these vital partnerships.
In this Senior Program Manager, Automotive Partnerships role, you'll:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including, Partnerships, Strategy, Product, Regulatory, Legal, and Engineering teams, as well as partners to track and manage complex projects
- Use business and technical judgment to drive project delivery, milestones, and timing
- Liaise with executives from global partners
- Effectively communicate across various levels of organization internally and externally.
- Manage multiple work streams and engage commercial, business, regulatory, legal and engineering teams
- Develop and prepare project documentation, process maps, timelines, business presentations and tracking reports to provide detailed current status of each project to C-suite
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ years of program management experience
- Demonstrated business and technical aptitude and strong analytical skills with proven results
- Experience liaising with C-suite
- 2+ years of experience of working teams with a track record of success
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
It's preferred if you have:
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to operate in ambiguity
- Track record of success managing multiple international projects
- Experience of transportation industry
- Understand French and/or Japanese a plus
- Ability to travel up to 40-50%
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.