Intern, Hardware Engineering, Radar Infrastructure & Test
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship
In this internship, you’ll:
- Integrate sensors with custom and industrial robotic and simulation systems
- Implement algorithms to quantify and project data
- Design interfaces for control by test operators
- Deploy network architecture to provide data accessibility
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- A passion for automation, self-motivated to achieve a shared vision
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative culture with mixed disciplined engineers
- Strong communication skills to articulate needs, challenges, and opportunities
- Experience with integrating hardware and software, robotics
- Curiosity to learn details of and debug systems and interfaces
- Proficiency in a scripting language (MATLAB, Python)
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers & other basic EE test hardware
- Able to read and write MATLAB
- Able to integrate test hardware with MATLAB, software, embedded interfaces
- Proficient in building visualizations for data
- Able to read and write C++
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.