Intern, Imaging Engineer, Camera Team
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that takes members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The camera team is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, optical and software engineers. We design, build, and perfect the cameras, which are the eyes of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those cameras into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
As an Imaging Engineering Intern on the Waymo Camera Team, you will work in the space of advanced imaging algorithms for our current and next generation self-driving systems. You will have the opportunity to research, propose and develop creative solutions and critically analyze your implementation’s performance.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you'll:
- Develop and implement image processing and ISP-related algorithms
- Interact with novel camera technologies
- Use ML to improve the performance of our imaging pipeline
- Receive mentorship and feedback from a broad range of engineers
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Pursuing an BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, or a related field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2019
It’s preferred if you have:
- Programming proficiency in either C++, Matlab, Python.
- A strong ability to frame and solve new problems
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience or strong interest in several of the following areas: Image processing algorithms, ISP pipeline, Machine learning
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.