Intern, Hardware Engineering, System Architecture
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you’ll:
- Support the design and evaluation of new hardware for autonomous cars
- Testing - attain requirements, draft test plans, conduct field trials
- Data analysis - data mine, and write tools for analyzing information
- Focus on solutions for harsh weather operation - sensor systems and system supporting their operation in difficult operating environments
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Completed an undergraduate degree in ME/EE/CS or similar
- Relevant experience with design and test of electromechanical systems
- Hardware - basic solidworks/catia, electrical schematic & layout
- Software - analysis scripts in matlab/python, and comfortable working in linux environments
It’s preferred if you have:
- Broad experience with a high level understanding of autonomy concepts
- Hands-on, get things done attitude
- Deep experience with one or more sensor modalities used in autonomy
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.