Lead Program Manager, Business Systems Engineering
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Business Systems team defines and builds the business IT architecture that supports the commercial operation of Waymo's autonomous vehicle fleet. The team stands at the intersection of finance, operations and IT; through creative architecture, expertise and attention to detail, it ensures that Waymo has world-class capabilities across all its business processes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Establish Business Systems PMO processes to manage a portfolio of projects and programs by streamlining and standardization of project intake, budgeting, communications, execution and documentation, ensuring consistent, scalable global processes.
- Ensure strong business case development for all project requests including calculation of return on investment (ROI), assessment of customer value or impact and criteria for measuring project success.
- Partner with several different business functions enterprise wide, such as HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Legal, Fleet Ops and others to develop and execute X-functional work-plans to implement IT solutions to address Business needs
- Manage Sponsors, Business Leads, Technical teams throughout the program by effective program communications, change management, conflict management including managing Steering Committees developing Standard status repotrtings.
- Lead strategic programs involving cutting-edge SaaS based Information Systems with Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid project delivery methods.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science or equivalent years of work experience. (MBA is Preferred)
- 14+ years experience in Hands-on Program management within Business Systems areas of Finance, Supply chain and Sales.
- 10+ Years experience in programs undergoing blueprinting, designin, estimations, implementation, testing and assessment end-to-end technology for Business Systems programs
- Experience with Implementation of 2+ ERP (SAP S4 Hana) and 1+ CRM (Salesforce) including understanding of its underlying PMO methodology, SDLC and Functional Process would be a plus.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with a proven track record of implementing impactful cross-function programs in a complex organizational environment
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.