Manufacturing Engineer, Vehicle Integration
Mountain View, California, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Manufacturing Engineer role, you'll:
- Manage the development and execution of program manufacturing plans including prototype and the subsequent developmental build schedules, material requirements, factory schedules, etc.
- Ensure the manufacturing strategy and execution plans are aligned with the production design requirements and product availability objectives in support of the self-driving truck
- Influence product manufacturability, serviceability and supply chain flexibility to ensure the manufactured product meets design requirements while achieving cost and supply objectives
- Actively participate in manufacturing design reviews to assess manufacturability, process flows, fixture designs and validation processes implications before design releases
- Develop scope and drive/track engineering programs and actions/deliverables to meet program milestones schedule and budget
We’d like you to have:
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of manufacturing or manufacturing engineering experience in automotive or transportation industry
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical and manufacturing process engineering development
- Solid understanding with DFA/DFM methodologies in influencing product designs
- Strong experience with manufacturing as well as supply chain techniques and processes such as supplier audits, new product introductions, product life cycles, manufacturing engineering, first article inspection, technical documentation, etc.
- Proficient in collaborating and working cross functionally with development, operations, reliability and system engineering
- Ability to travel domestically 20% of the time
It’s preferred if you have:
- Commercial truck manufacturing experience is preferred
- Experience working in CAD environment, preferably in CATIA V5 or V6
- Familiar with DOE and GD&T techniques
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.