People Operations Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you'll:
- Assist HR functional leads with the planning and execution of people processes and initiatives in the areas of staffing, compensation, performance management, recognition, training, new employee onboarding, and other areas, focused on accelerating Waymo’s business objectives while delivering a great employee experience.
- May own the operational support and execution of one or more employee lifecycle events, such as onboarding, transfers, organizational changes, and offboarding.
- Document and help evolve Waymo’s people processes, spotting and acting on opportunities to improve/automate/innovate them
- Contribute to Waymo’s HR reporting infrastructure, inclusive of creating/tracking key performance metrics, mining them for actionable insights, and ensuring that data is gathered and optimally structured to enable useful reporting, dashboards and data analysis.
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 2+ years of experience in a coordination, operations or analyst role, preferably in a high growth and changing environment.
- Experience in improving and identifying issues in processes, suggesting user focused improvements.
- Proven project management skills and experience contributing to the design and owning the delivery of specific action items on behalf of a company-wide program, with a bias for action and strong execution
It is preferred that you to have:
- Self-starter who proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes with a high level of creativity, perseverance, independence and flexibility.
- A technical bent and experience doing analytics, coding, and working with systems to improve business processes.
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Articulate and persuasive communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective partnerships and relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and “can-do” attitude.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.