Manufacturing Electrical Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Manufacturing Electrical Engineer role, you'll:
- Lead and perform onsite electrical debug activities for field returned modules and issues exposed in the manufacturing process of SDS components
- Own and improve the flows and methodologies of various electrical debug activities on the production line to increase the throughput and effectiveness
- Collaborate closely with the Product Test Engineering team to help analyze test failures and close the requirement gaps between the tester software and onboard software
- Mentor junior engineers and TVCs on the Supply Chain team as an electrical engineering expert
- Contribute to other supplier-based projects from an electrical engineering perspective
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- 10+ years of experience designing, validating, and debugging complex electrical and electronic circuits on shipped volume hardware products
- Master degree in electrical engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Solid technical fundamentals in electrical engineering (e.g, circuits, power, electromagnetics) and very familiar with commonly used design tools and test equipment
It's preferred if you have:
- 2+ years of experience working on self-driving hardware, such as compute and sensor modules
- Basic software skills and familiar with manufacturing test flows
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.