Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
At Waymo Legal, you will work on the exciting legal issues surrounding our transformational autonomous vehicle technology and help drive our business lines forward from technology ideation through scaled commercial deployment. We partner with our public policy, safety, security and privacy experts to define transportation policy for the self-driving world to come, advising on regulatory changes that support and protect our users around the world. We collaborate with our engineering, product, strategy and operations teams to develop and protect our intellectual property portfolio and drive our corporate and commercial transactions. We ensure compliance with an increasingly complex and dynamic range of global regulations. And we anticipate, mitigate, and litigate high-profile and precedent-setting legal matters.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide excellent paralegal support to all litigation matters, pre-litigation claims, and third party requests, including all aspects of discovery, data collection, production, and preservation;
- Coordinate and keep organized the team’s litigation, investigations, and claims efforts, including litigation and other legal process calendars, case files, vendor management, and preparation of documents and letters;
- Innovate and improve internal processes across the legal team related to knowledge management, document storage, ediscovery vendors, and coordination with client teams to optimize document practices;
- Help adapt and implement best practices in record retention and develop efficient document collection capabilities with internal business teams;
- Assist in a variety of legal team projects, including training provided by the legal team to Waymo employees; assisting with commercial agreements, and assisting the insurance, regulatory, and IP teams in various review, research, diligence and compliance efforts.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Detailed and in-depth understanding of the litigation life-cycle, experience managing litigation team efforts, oversee outside counsel updates, and coordinate all aspects of ediscovery processes, workflows and best practices, including the latest ediscovery technology.
- 7+ years of prior experience as a litigation paralegal with a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively at all levels of the company.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage a significant work load for multiple internal stakeholders with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- High level of enthusiasm for winning together as a team, driving achievement while being business-focused, and working collaboratively with non-legal clients
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience working with or at a technology company or fast-growing startup
- Experience supporting and partnering with product counsel and regulatory teams
- Experience supporting a variety of litigation matters, including IP, commercial, employment, and/or torts.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.