Strategic Partner Manager - New Business Initiatives
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Business Development and Partnerships team helps plan Waymo’s dynamic future and drive the company’s go-to-market strategy. We work cross-functionally and leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to build forward-looking partnerships that deliver on Waymo’s strategic business objectives. As a member of this entrepreneurial and results-oriented team, you will have a significant impact on defining, developing and executing Waymo’s commercial deployment.
In this Business Development role, you'll:
- Launch and manage strategic partnerships and programs for Waymo’s emerging business lines.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners, acting as main point of contact for day-to-day operations and programs.
- Coordinate and align key internal stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of pilots and programs.
- Use quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform product/market fit for emerging business lines.
- Present recommendations to senior-level business & product leads for a variety of new business initiatives.
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- 4-6 years of work experience in business development, strategic partnerships or account management in the technology sector.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with 3rd party partners.
- Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals. Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working cross-functionally, particularly with product, engineering and partner stakeholders.
- History of developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.