Production Test Station Quality Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
Our production test engineering team provides technical support to Waymo’s self driving system production, especially in hardware troubleshooting, yield improvement, quality improvement and test station hardware/software development. In this position, you will be responsible for the quality of the production test stations to ensure test yield, consistency and quality.
In this Production Test Station Quality Engineer role, you'll:
- Responsible for test station quality and record keeping, including GRR, troubleshooting, maintenance, test equipment calibration
- Develop manufacturing test plans for new products
- Design experiments to identify systematic issues of testers
- Manage suppliers to deliver automation, test equipment, fixtures and tools
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage test station quality
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in physics, applied mathematics, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or relevant technical disciplines
- Strong in statistics, statistical models and experimental design
- Strong hands-on experience in hardware assembly, testing and troubleshooting
- Sufficient in Python and Linux
It’s preferred if you have:
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience, especially in test station quality, including GRR, tester HW troubleshooting, maintenance and calibration
- International experience, particularly in Asia
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and thorough in documentation
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.