Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Support client groups with recruiting processes; scheduling interviews via phone and/or video conference as well as onsite, in-person sessions
- Organize candidate travel arrangements and reimbursements, host candidates on campus, reserve conference rooms and liaise with candidates/interviewers to ensure a seamless interviewing experience
- Serve as Waymo’s brand ambassador as you build candidate relationships, interacting with them over the phone and in-person, creating, distributing and collecting employment-related correspondence and handling any follow-up activities needed to bring new employees into the company
- Communicate professionally, tactfully and with the utmost diplomacy at all times, treating all candidates with dignity and respect while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Arrange special requests and provide a high-touch experience appropriate to the candidate’s needs
- Improve processes using a data-driven approach including optimization of interviewer utilization, identification of trends and issues in the scheduling process, and execution of initiatives to increase efficiency and improve experience
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ year of experience in customer support, administrative or client facing role
- 1+ year of experience in improving processes, identifying issues in processes, suggesting user focused improvements and navigating cross-functional teams to drive these changes
It’s preferred if you have:
- Ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage time efficiently
- Exceptional attention to detail with a proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Demonstrated discretion and strong judgment; ability to interact comfortably and professionally with all levels of candidates and internal clients
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with an ability and desire to contribute to the organization's reputation and success
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, a customer-service orientation, and a welcoming/helpful attitude
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.