People Operations Reporting Specialist
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with People Team members and other stakeholders to gain a rich understanding of HR related business processes and context and the associated analytical and reporting needs and gaps
- Be a technical lead for multiple BI projects including requirements gathering, planning, development, implementation, stakeholder management and on-going support
- Collect, manage and synthesize large data sets and information from disparate sources, utilizing statistical modeling, data mining and data analysis techniques
- Use analytics and build dashboard solutions that help the People Team manage operations, drive automation, solve day to day problems, and understand key performance metrics and trends
- Build and maintain critical data infrastructure including back-end data tables, data pipelines, operational reports and dashboards that inspire and directly influence the design of Waymo’s people processes and programs and impact user experience
- Translate analytical insights into business strategies and actions
At a minimum you must have:
- Bachelors in a quantitative or STEM discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Economics), or 4+ years of relevant work experience in data analysis
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and related tools and processes
- Experience and solid skills in SQL and at least one additional scripting/programming language (e.g., Python)
- Experience building and maintaining SQL scripts/procedures to extract, transform, validate and analyze data
It is preferred if you have:
- Experience with front-end reporting tools such as Tableau, Data Studio, QlikView, and other industrial reporting and analysis platforms a strong plus
- Data exploration & analysis experience using popular statistical packages such as R or Python
- Experience deriving actionable insights, root-causes, and intelligence from data sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A demonstrated track record of problem solving and an inquisitive, quantitative mind, capable of translating analytical insights into business strategies and action
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.