Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
At Waymo Insurance you'll be a pioneer in emerging risk and other vital fields related to our autonomous vehicle technology. Be ready to multi-task: our team works with legal, public policy, safety, security and privacy experts to evaluate and manage risks for the coming self-driving world. We advise on insurance trends, evaluate product liability, and analyze automobile and cyber-world risks to build insurance frameworks that support and protect our riders around the world. You'll think ahead to mitigate emerging risk through contacts and relationships with insurance and industry partners. You'll also collaborate with business development, regulatory and policy teams to determine exposure and risk appetite in contracts, and to evaluate and shape emerging laws and regulations at the state and federal level.
The actuarial team at Waymo works on delivering meaningful analyses to enable effective decision making.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you’ll:
- Compile and cleanse data in preparation for actuarial analyses using scripting languages such as R, SQL and Python
- Work with large, complex datasets from various sources to draw analytical insights
- Apply quantitative methods as needed to solve challenging problems
- Take ownership of end-to-end analysis from data gathering, processing, analyzing, deliverables, and presentations
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify interesting questions and communicate findings
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Technical background in applied statistics, actuarial science or related quantitative fields
- Coding fluency in R and SQL
- Extraordinary organizational skills and meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and work cross-functionally in collaboration with others
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in various analytical tools (e.g. Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
It’s preferred if you have:
- Strong background in statistics
- Strong coding skills
- Enrolled in an Actuarial Program
- Passed one or more preliminary Actuarial Exams
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.