Intern, Environment, Health and Safety (EHS), Safety
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As Waymo advances in improving the safety aspect of our technology, it’ll be super critical for our operations to maintain the highest standards for workplace and occupational safety. The EHS department is primarily responsible for providing education training, guidance and support to the operation. It is our directive to identify risk and implement countermeasures to reduce the severity. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two way street; leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you'll:
- Work hand-in-hand with operations technicians, engineers, supervisors and managers to implement creative solutions to unique and challenging problems unique to the space
- Efforts will include conducting EHS training, facilitating a communication strategy, conducting a risk assessment, completing an incident investigation, and reviewing a process change
- Use tools to measure key performance indicators, interpret those results against current standards and develop policies and procedures
- Research and develop a company 5S program, emergency response action plan, household hazardous waste and tire recycling program
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Fundamental understanding of chemistry, biology, occupation health, public health or environmental science
- Project management experience
- Strong verbal and written skills to thrive in this high-tech space
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.