Product Marketing Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a Product Marketing Manager for Waymo, you’ll be involved in core product marketing and strategic initiatives that will shape the way we bring these experiences to the world. You’ll be working closely with our Product and Business teams to craft our product narrative and engage with other cross-functional teams across the organization to develop and execute on our launch plans.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about bringing new technologies to market, in both the B2C and B2B spaces. You have a strong track record of developing marketing strategies from the ground up. You are also a self-starter who can work in a rapidly-evolving industry and can thrive in an environment with a high level of ambiguity. You’re also an effective communicator who can build relationships with people at any level or job function, and lead cross-functional teams through influence. You demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
In this Product Marketing Manager role you'll:
- Work with the Product Management team and company leadership to craft our positioning/value proposition along with customer-facing messaging which will be leveraged by other cross functional teams
- Partner with our business teams to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy and drive execution of various programs including events, website, SEO/SEM and more
- Produce various marketing assets which communicate our product narrative to the world
- Lead research projects in collaboration with PM, UX and other cross functional partners to uncover actionable customer insights that will inform product and marketing strategies
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience)
- 5 - 7 years of product marketing experience, with a focus on consumer-facing goods or services and experience in product branding, messaging, positioning and targeting
- Worked with internal teams and external partners to develop and execute impactful marketing campaigns
- Proven track record influencing product roadmaps and user experiences through actionable insights and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including meaningful interactions with executive leadership and constructive collaboration with cross functional teams; strong written and verbal communication skills along with a proven track record of exceptional performance and high productivity in ambiguous environments
It's preferred if you have:
- Product launch experience
- An aptitude for storytelling
- Cross functional management of stakeholders
- Experience working with external agencies
- Personal interest in technology
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.