Intern, Product Team, Research and Insights
Mountain View, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
As a part of the Waymo Insights Team, you’ll help develop insights that inspire change at all stages of product development for our fully self-driven cars. You’ll work collaboratively across the organization to provide evidence-based recommendations and develop stakeholder relationships that will help Waymo improve its product, process, and people.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you’ll:
- Conduct qualitative + quantitative research and analysis to drive product and business decisions
- Deeply immerse yourself in the feedback we receive from people inside and outside our cars
- Craft research plans, engage stakeholders throughout your project, deliver actionable insights, and help drive recommended product changes
- Communicate your results and insights through crisp storytelling and presentations (in-person and online)
- Support the broader Insights Team research efforts
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Pursuing BA/BS/MA degree in a relevant field (e.g., anthropology, psychology, HCI/computer science, design research) or equivalent practical experience
- Organized and resourceful, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in cross-functional teams
It’s preferred if you have:
- Current student in a Ph.D program focused on human behavior at various scales, such as anthropology, psychology, sociology, behavioral economics, etc.
- Professional experience conducting user experience research (e.g., lab studies, field immersion, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, job shadowing, experiments (A/B testing), and participatory exercises)
- Comfortable solving problems that haven’t been answered before – pushing boundaries to come up with novel, refreshing, and strategic ideas
- Note: It is highly preferred if you submit a cover letter as part of your application.
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.