Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with vehicle partners and Waymo Systems Engineers to:
- Define electrical communications requirements (signals, timing, etc.) between the self-driving system and the vehicle platform electrical modules
- Create and manage the vehicle platform electrical network architecture diagrams
- Oversee the integration of vehicle module software to ensure it meets Waymo’s requirements
- Perform redundancy surveys across vehicle communication buses and signal lists
- Craft and execute Verification and Validation (V&V) plans for platform communications across various platforms and prototype phases. You will plan and execute tests, analyze test data, analyze field issues, and understand and resolve defects leveraging the operations team where possible
- Work with teams during implementation to ensure requirements will be met. As issues arise, determine whether to adjust requirements, modify the design, or allow a waiver based on the big-picture goals of the system
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- At least 3 years experience in an automotive (or similar industry) electrical communication networks and software role delivering software and/or hardware
- Working knowledge of vehicle communication network systems (CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Experience in fail-safe and fail-tolerant system design
- Experience mapping out design and requirements spaces for complex vehicles, or systems with attention to detail, to ensure gaps and flow-downs are fully covered
- A strong root-cause analysis mindset to problem solving
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.