Detroit, Michigan, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
PM Shift Manager (4pm to 1am)
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this management role, you'll:
- Effectively manage all aspects of your shift’s daily operation including acting as the point of escalation for all Fleet Response Specialists, properly executing of emergency procedures and Fleet Response SOPs
- Exhibit strong leadership capabilities and emphasize collaboration amongst your team
- Effectively communicate with peers and Fleet Response Specialists to maintain consistent messaging across the team
- Measure and own/improve the quality of your team’s interactions with our vehicles and make judgements based on those assessments
- Serve as a Fleet Response Subject Matter Expert who knows the Fleet Response tool functionality inside and out and can teach others to be the most impactful Fleet Response Specialists
- Use data to drive decisions for our Fleet Response team and in support of a flawless rider experience
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BS/BA or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years experience working in QA or Operations
- 2 years of experience in personnel management
- Ability to work assigned shifts including working on holidays and shift rotations
It's preferred if you have:
- 3 years of operations management experience
- Superb communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
This is a safety-sensitive role, subject to applicable safety regulations. Candidate must comply with Waymo's drug and alcohol policies and will be subject to drug and alcohol testing.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.