Fleet Response, Evening Shift Manager
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Novi, Michigan, United States
PM Shift Manager (4pm to 1am)
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
In this management role, you'll:
- Effectively manage all aspects of your shift’s daily operation including acting as the point of escalation for all Fleet Response Specialists, properly executing of emergency procedures and Fleet Response SOPs
- Exhibit strong leadership capabilities and emphasize collaboration amongst your team
- Effectively communicate with peers and Fleet Response Specialists to maintain consistent messaging across the team
- Measure and own/improve the quality of your team’s interactions with our vehicles and make judgements based on those assessments
- Serve as a Fleet Response Subject Matter Expert who knows the Fleet Response tool functionality inside and out and can teach others to be the most impactful Fleet Response Specialists
- Use data to drive decisions for our Fleet Response team and in support of a flawless rider experience
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- BS/BA or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years experience working in QA or Operations
- 2 years of experience in personnel management
- Ability to work assigned shifts including working on holidays and shift rotations
It's preferred if you have:
- 3 years of operations management experience
- Superb communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.