Intern, Project Manager (Process Excellence)
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Operations keeps Waymo’s business rolling. We are the vehicle operators, service technicians and customer support specialists who test and maintain our self-driving vehicles and bring help and guidance to our passengers and customers. The Operations team is the heart of Waymo’s testing operations and ride hailing service, handling every detail to make sure that each ride is the ultimate user experience.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you’ll:
- Lead & drive process improvements (Six Sigma, Lean) as well as process design/redesign efforts via kaizen initiatives and/or project management (PMP) that drive efficiency & scale across Operations
- Utilize data analysis, process modeling/mapping, use case diagrams & process decomposition to document current and projected business requirements
- Help establish standard work and performance metrics to drive operational excellence to support long-term business goals
- Identify opportunities to implement more efficient processes & cut down on waste within the Operations organization
- Build project plans defining goals, schedules, resources, owners and stakeholders to meet program function
- Works in partnership with Operations teams to develop LEAN strategies and coach teams to support the adoption of a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Requires less than 20% travel
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated analytical problem-solving skills: identifying opportunities for improvement, applying a disciplined approach to determine root cause, then creating and implementing appropriate corrective actions
- Strong ability to influence people and drive significant changes within an organization by engaging with employees at all levels of an organization
- Proven track record of leading lean initiatives with substantial positive business results
- A team player with a positive attitude
It's preferred if you have:
- LEAN or Six Sigma Green Belt
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Understanding of Waymo Operational teams and roles
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.