Program Manager, Waymo Labeling Operations
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's self-driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate.
In this Program Manager role you will:
- Manage large projects from concept to launch, developing and coordinating realistic project estimates, plans, and/or metrics, working and communicating effectively with Engineering, Product Management, QA, Operations and customers
- Setup and manage in-house / outsourced project execution teams with associated processes to ensure successful completion of the program. This includes, and is not limited to, defining success metrics, building product and program expertise within vendor ecosystem, setting up processes to measure and manage product quality
- Monitor, measure and communicate project progress, potential risks & delays and team performance to program teams, executives and other sponsors. Take the lead in driving cross-office collaboration and resolving any site-related differences
- Build and manage a team of Waymonauts to ensure the success of the program.
- Overall 10+ years of work experience, with at least 5+ years project management experience managing large-scale and dynamic projects.
- Ability to define projects, execute within timelines, with multiple stakeholders. Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Excellent project manager, self-starter, with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management and having exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- People management experience
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Experience in setting up or managing QA function
- Technical abilities/awareness - able to work closely/credibly with highly technical teams
- Bachelor's Degree in technical and business discipline
- 5+ Years hands on experience in management of large programs
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of your time
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.