Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a Program Manager you will support building the Self Driving Software system on Waymo cars, formerly known as the Google Self-Driving Car Project. You will assist in managing and expanding the Labeling operations in Hyderabad. This includes building strong ties between US and HYD offices, managing team of >1000 operators, working towards shared goals, maintaining relationships with outsourcing partners, defining and executing projects within time and budget
While you’ll be based in Hyderabad, some travel to US offices will be required.
In this Program Manager role you will:
- Manage large projects from concept to launch, developing and coordinating realistic project estimates, plans, and/or metrics, working and communicating effectively with Engineering, Product Management, QA, Operations and customers
- Setup and manage in-house / outsourced project execution teams with associated processes to ensure successful completion of the program. This includes, and is not limited to, defining success metrics, building product and program expertise within vendor ecosystem, setting up processes to measure and manage product quality
- Monitor, measure and communicate project progress, potential risks & delays and team performance to program teams, executives and other sponsors. Take the lead in driving cross-office collaboration and resolving any site-related differences
- Build and manage a team of Waymonauts to ensure the success of the program.
- Experience in setting up or managing QA function
- Job is based in HYD and cannot be performed remotely
- Overall 12+ years of work experience, with at least 5+ years project management experience managing large-scale and dynamic projects.
- Ability to define projects, execute within timelines, with multiple stakeholders. Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Excellent project manager, self-starter, with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management and having exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- People management experience
- Technical abilities/awareness - able to work closely/credibly with highly technical teams
- Bachelor's Degree in technical and business discipline
- 5+ Years hands on experience in management of large programs
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of your time
- Experience with scaling outsourced operations, including building sustainable training and resourcing plans
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.