Trucking - Business Development Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button
The Commercial Team for Trucking is responsible for commercializing Waymo’s autonomous heavy duty truck technology and developing and maintaining relationships with trucking fleets. Waymo is building a driver and partnering with trucking fleets to bring our technology to market. We work cross-functionally to build forward-looking partnerships that align with Waymo’s strategic business objectives in the trucking sector. As a member of this team, you will have a significant impact on defining, developing and executing on partnerships with tremendous impact on Waymo’s future.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop partnership and business development strategy for Waymo’s heavy duty trucking technology. Act as key Waymo representative and relationship manager for prospective fleet customers.
- Build and manage fleet partner relationships from outreach all the way to deal signing and ongoing management.
- Create compelling pitches, demos, and education plan for prospective customers.
- Develop compelling deal structures and partnership terms and lead agreement negotiations with partners
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, product, legal, engineering, business operations, and finance.
- Create business cases for other partnership opportunities in the ecosystem and execute against those opportunities.
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- 5-7+ years of experience in business development, partnerships, or sales roles, including extensive expertise in the heavy-duty trucking industry
- Proven track record in both sales and strategic partnership development for emerging technologies.
- Self-motivation, creativity, hustle, and a sense of urgency to deliver on team goals. Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic thinking, project management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working cross-functionally to resolve technical, contractual and financial issues to close deals
- History of developing and successfully implementing scalable solutions to complex problems within a rapidly-evolving organization is a plus.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.