HR Business Partner
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo’s People team recruits and supports the world’s best talent (including, we hope, you). Our HR business partners, program administrators, staffers, and compensation specialists help our employees attain their full potential in a healthy, considerate and supportive environment. We take seriously our role as champions of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) and stewards of the unique Waymo culture.
In this HR Business Partner role, you'll:
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions
- Consult with Waymo leaders to create and execute a comprehensive people plan to influence lasting change
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions
- Provide expertise in the following areas: organizational development, career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development
- Develop and drive change management initiatives within your client groups
- Contribute to the development of HR programs and processes such as workforce and succession planning, learning and development, and performance management
At a minimum, we'd like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA or Master's degree preferred
- 7 years relevant work experience, including HR experience, consulting or business partner roles
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions
- Able to effectively find the balance of tailored solutions versus standardization
It is preferred if you have:
- Great influencing skills through strong relationships, expertise and data
- Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends, develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Strong communication skills and an understanding of how to communicate large complex change
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.