Intern, Hardware Engineering, EMC
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you’ll:
- Support design and development of Waymo products to meet internal and external EMC requirements.
- Work closely with the cross-functional team to ensure highest quality products and processes are developed and deployed
- Use EMC simulations tools in early stages of product design to achieve EMC by design.
- Debug EMC problems and deep dive into root causes
At a minimum we’d like you to have
- Currently enrolled in MS or Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering with thesis oriented towards EMC/SI.
- Thorough understanding of EM theory, Electrical circuit theory
- Knowledge of factors influencing EMC including emissions and immunity
- Experience in using 3D and 2D EM simulation tools
- Experience in using lab equipment including spectrum analyzers, EMC receivers, antennas etc..
- Knowledge of international EMC regulations, standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.