Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Security is critical to the development and testing of the self driving car (SDC). It enables engineers to rapidly iterate the subtle consequences of any change to the SDC software.
In this Autonomous Vehicle Offensive Security role, you will help ensure the highest level of security of the Waymo autonomous vehicles by engaging with all stages of the development lifecycle, from threat analysis to penetration testing.
Your goal will be to identify security issues in product designs and/or implementations related to Waymo autonomous vehicles and its connected ecosystem.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of threat models of autonomous vehicle systems (including connected ecosystem)
- Penetration testing of autonomous vehicle systems
- Collaborating with engineering on security related information during design/development/testing
- Keeping up to date on new vulnerability information and determining its relevance to Waymo
- Work with Waymo engineering teams to help them build security knowledge and resolve security related problems
- Performing security audits on 3rd party products
- Aide in developing security best practices for Waymo engineering
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years Penetration testing of connected computer systems
- 5+ years Reverse Engineering software
- 5+ years Software development (in C or C++)
- 5+ years Threat modeling
- Demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge of C++ programming language
- Demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge of Linux operating system
- Curious and inventive thinker. Not afraid to try something new.
It’s preferred if you have:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in Network security
- 3+ years of experience in Automotive security
- 3+ years of experience in Embedded security
- 3+ years of experience in Software Defined Radio
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.