Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Security is critical to the development and testing of the self driving car (SDC). It enables engineers to rapidly iterate the subtle consequences of any change to the SDC software.
In this Autonomous Vehicle Offensive Security role, you will help ensure the highest level of security of the Waymo autonomous vehicles by engaging with all stages of the development lifecycle, from threat analysis to penetration testing.
Your goal will be to identify security issues in product designs and/or implementations related to Waymo autonomous vehicles and its connected ecosystem.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Penetration testing of autonomous vehicle systems
- Collaborating with engineering on security related information during design/development/testing
- Keeping up to date on new vulnerability information and determining its relevance to Waymo
- Work with Waymo engineering teams to help them build security knowledge and resolve security related problems
- Performing security audits on 3rd party products
- Aide in developing security best practices for Waymo engineering
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years Penetration testing of connected computer systems
- 5+ years Reverse Engineering software
- 5+ years Software development (in C or C++)
- 5+ years Threat modeling
- 3+ years of experience in Automotive or Embedded security
- Curious and inventive thinker. Not afraid to try something new
It’s preferred if you have:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in Software Defined Radio
- 3+ years of experience in Machine Learning or Computer Vision
- 3+ years of experience in Sensors, Lidar, and Radar
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.