Strategic Finance Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Our cars may be self-driving, but Waymo’s finances are steered by experts like you. The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
In this Strategic Finance Analyst role, you’ll:
- Collaborate across numerous Waymo functional teams to analyze and pressure test the long-term drivers of the business across various company-wide business lines
- Build financial models related to various long-term business outcomes for Waymo and provide insights/advice based on the data
- Conduct financial analysis for and assist in highly visible strategic projects
- Prepare and present materials to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) at Waymo
- Collaborate with other teams within FP&A on improving financial planning practices
At a minimum, we’d like you to have:
- Very strong financial modeling skills and familiarity with financial statements. Your models should be efficient and intuitive.
- The ability to create structure from ambiguity, and be a self-starter while doing it. Waymo is in the early stages of its development, and there is opportunity here to take broad challenges and autonomously turn them into actionable projects with clear milestones and goals
- The knack for building effective cross-functional relationships
- The ability to present thoughtful input to ongoing debates and discussions
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment i.e. a “get-it-done” attitude
- Highly effective communicator and influencer (written, verbal and interpersonal skills)
It’s preferred if you have:
- 3 - 5 years experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, Consulting or any other analytically intensive roles
- Management consulting experience, particularly on engagements requiring extensive financial modeling and/or Go-to-Market knowledge is a plus
- Automotive interest if not experience
- Software or other Tech industry experience
- Strong storytelling skills
- Drive to work in a startup environment
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.