Software Engineer, DSP and Bare Metal, Compute
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with researchers to analyze the compute needs of specialized real time signal and image processing systems
- Work with hardware engineers to build platforms that can support the needs of these systems
- Write efficient bare metal libraries targeting heterogeneous embedded systems such as DSPs and specialized accelerators
- Prototype full signal path applications to demonstrate capabilities and performance
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of industry experience with C/C++ targeting bare metal systems
- Experience with DSP programming
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment and working close to the hardware
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.