Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with software teams on improving the latency and throughput of machine learning and deep-net workloads on onboard hardware
- Model, benchmark, and optimize neural network performance on specialized inference hardware. Overcome hardware utilization bottlenecks through software/hardware codesign
- Guide the development of future hardware solutions tailored to meet the needs of Waymo’s unique machine learning requirements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of industry experience optimizing neural network performance on specialized hardware
- Knowledge of computer architecture, compilers, and neural network performance characteristics
- Experience optimizing and analyzing linear algebra routines used in deep learning or otherwise
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.