Technical Program Manager, Security (Audit)
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Work with teams across the organization to achieve a constantly high security bar for Waymo products and services and buy-in for security initiatives as well as coordinate with security teams from Alphabet and Google and execute on large security projects that interface with multiple parts of the Waymo development lifecycle
- Design and deliver audit programs to address relevant risk and audit assertions, operational process, system, and vehicle reviews and other IT-related risk areas as well as initiate and lead audit and analyses of IT and vehicle systems
- Communicate with and educate process and product owners effectively on the importance of our audit programs and the role of a Waymo Security TPM focused on audits and prepare audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations as well as interpret the significance of audit findings, conclude on findings, and make practical recommendations for remediation.
- Develop scalable solutions and work to manage risks across the organization and develop best practices that are a benefit across the organization
- Support or lead complex, multidisciplinary projects. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- Create presentations with compelling messages effectively tailored to different audience levels, including executives and drive recommendations through to implementation and results
We’d like you to have:
- 4 years of relevant work experience in Risk Management, Audit, Compliance, Systems Integration, Consulting, or related practical experience.
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, equivalent field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in government, security industry, transportation/logistics, or equivalent project management experience in a technology or media company
- Superior problem-solving and project management skills. Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to take charge, to interact confidently with all levels, to set objectives, and to drive results while working as a team player and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments.
It's preferred if you have:
- CISA/CISSP/PMP/CIA/CPA/CFE or related experience
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.