Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with researchers to determine compute acceleration needs
- Specify, architect, and design hardware accelerators that process sensor data and other system compute workloads
- Perform power, area and performance trade-off analyses of digital designs
- Create and run software that tests digital designs in simulation and bringup
- Integrate embedded processors and DSPs and develop toolchains
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of industry experience with Verilog and SystemVerilog, RTL digital microarchitecture. Additional experience with design verification (DV) is preferred
- Familiarity with C/C++, functional and/or transactional modeling
- Experience with High Level Synthesis is a plus
- Knowledge of computer architecture and on-chip communication buses
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.