Machine Learning Accelerator Architect
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Architect, simulate, and design amazing machine learning solutions for our self-driving cars
- Interact with cross functional engineering teams to identify opportunities and requirements
- Drive partnerships for access to the most advanced technologies
- Build scalable tools for modeling and performance evaluation
- Architect ML solutions to best suit Waymo’s unique requirements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 4+ years as a silicon or compute architect
- 1+ years experience with ML architectures, acceleration and optimization
- Experience with CPUs, GPUs, memory systems, and accelerators
- Experience with performance simulation and modeling in C++
- Experience driving power-powerformance-area trades
- Strong communication skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with SystemVerilog and HLS implementation
- Experience with SoC interconnects and NoCs
- Experience with frequency and power optimizations
- Familiarity with video, DSP, Ethernet, and PCIe
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.