Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Director role you'll:
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Lead a group of product managers, and managers or product managers in creating the path planning, routing, control, and behavior prediction roadmap for Waymo by combining deep technical expertise, business and market understanding, strategic thinking and organizational leadership
- Work closely with 100s of engineers to turn breakthrough technologies into products that solve real user needs, save lives, and transform transportation
- Analyze data from real-world miles collected by our fleet, define Behavior requirements and help the team make the right trade-offs between capability, cost, engineering complexity and other factors
- Interface with Hardware, Software, Systems, Research, Simulation, Data Science, Mapping, Operations, Vehicles and other teams
- Help to refine Waymo's product vision and strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years product management experience
- Experience in leading extremely technical products from inception to large scale user adoption
- Experience in managing product managers while still being hands-on
- Exceptional skills in prioritizing and building alignment around those priorities
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience in Autonomous Vehicle or relevant industry
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.