Intern, Public Affairs
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a member of the Public Affairs team, you will be at the forefront of bringing self-driving cars to the public. Our focus is implementing advocacy, grassroots, and grasstops campaigns to drive acceptance and adoption of our life-saving technology. We work directly with key third party groups and influencers to educate the public on the safety benefits of Waymo’s self-driving car technology. Internally, our efforts support the innovative work of engineering, product, safety, and external engagement teams.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you’ll:
- Work on Waymo’s public education campaign, Let’s Talk Self-Driving (letstalkselfdriving.com)
- Collaborate with Waymo’s Marketing, Communication and Policy teams to develop engaging digital content for Let’s Talk Self-Driving
- Draft social content, emails and blog posts
- Help cultivate relationships with local and national third-party organizations that share Waymo’s mission of safety and mobility
- Support Waymo-hosted events
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant experience in the space of public affairs, public policy, marketing, and/or communications within government, nonprofit, transportation, or technology fields
- Passionate and knowledgeable about emerging technologies and public affairs engagement
- Strong digital skills with social media management experience
- Collaborative and flexible team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and uncertain environment
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.