Senior Product Data Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Senior Product Data Analyst role you'll:
- Analyze data to create a deeper understanding of the Waymo Driver and its behaviors
- Define key metrics to track the performance of the driving system to accelerate improvements
- Present findings to key leadership to influence product roadmaps
- Analyze simulation, experimentation, and log data to provide actionable insights
- Own a domain and work with engineers, product managers, and program managers to make that area a success
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- Demonstrated ability to extract actionable insights from data
- Expertise using Python or R to perform detailed statistical analysis and modeling
- Expertise using SQL to extract, clean, and transform data in large, complex, nested, databases
- The ability to create intuitive and readable dashboards using visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Plotly, Data Studio)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong intellectual curiosity
It's preferred if you have:
- The deep conviction that correlation does not assure causation
- Experience with geospatial statistical analysis
- Experience with the transportation sector
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
- An advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar field
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.