Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this Senior Product Data Analyst role you'll:
- Analyze data to create a deeper understanding of the Waymo Driver and its behaviors
- Define key metrics to track the performance of the driving system to accelerate improvements
- Present findings to key leadership to influence product roadmaps
- Analyze simulation, experimentation, and log data to provide actionable insights
- Own a domain and work with engineers, product managers, and program managers to make that area a success
At minimum we'd like you to have:
- Demonstrated ability to extract actionable insights from data
- Expertise using Python or R to perform detailed statistical analysis and modeling
- Expertise using SQL to extract, clean, and transform data in large, complex, nested, databases
- The ability to create intuitive and readable dashboards using visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Plotly, Data Studio)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong intellectual curiosity
It's preferred if you have:
- The deep conviction that correlation does not assure causation
- Experience with geospatial statistical analysis
- Experience with the transportation sector
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
- An advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar field
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.