Systems Test Engineering Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Recruit, hire, mentor and manage top-notch engineers to enhance an existing team to meet the needs of large-scale autonomous vehicle deployment
- Create a team environment that fosters inclusion and respect, and allows team members to thrive personally and professionally
- You and your team will be responsible for building and automating a variety of test capabilities (or collaborating to get those capabilities built) that ensure the performance, integrity and safety of Waymo’s self-driving technology
- You and your team will work collaboratively with Systems Engineers and Technical Leads to develop testing programs that thoroughly test the associated requirements
- You and your team will be responsible for executing unique and repeating test programs, from qualifying OEM provided vehicles, to testing self driving capabilities
- You and your team will publish test and characterization results with the goal of influencing prioritization of system improvements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5 or more years of direct management experience, with a demonstrated ability to grow and lead high performing teams and organizations
- 10 or more years in integrated hardware and software testing
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field (including ME, EE, CS, Robotics, Controls, Aerospace, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- Testing automation experience (including C/C++, Python, or MATLAB)
It’s preferred if you have:
- Knowledge in system engineering principles such as defining requirements, and formal verification and validation methods
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, assisted driving technology, or other safety critical systems
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.