Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Recruit, hire, mentor and manage top-notch engineers to enhance an existing team to meet the needs of large-scale autonomous vehicle deployment
- Create a team environment that fosters inclusion and respect, and allows team members to thrive personally and professionally
- You and your team will be responsible for building and automating a variety of test capabilities (or collaborating to get those capabilities built) that ensure the performance, integrity and safety of Waymo’s self-driving technology
- You and your team will work collaboratively with Systems Engineers and Technical Leads to develop testing programs that thoroughly test the associated requirements
- You and your team will be responsible for executing unique and repeating test programs, from qualifying OEM provided vehicles, to testing self driving capabilities
- You and your team will publish test and characterization results with the goal of influencing prioritization of system improvements
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- 5 or more years of direct management experience, with a demonstrated ability to grow and lead high performing teams and organizations
- 10 or more years in integrated hardware and software testing
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field (including ME, EE, CS, Robotics, Controls, Aerospace, etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- Testing automation experience (including C/C++, Python, or MATLAB)
It’s preferred if you have:
- Knowledge in system engineering principles such as defining requirements, and formal verification and validation methods
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, assisted driving technology, or other safety critical systems
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.