Systems Test Engineer, Verification & Validation
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
In this role, you'll:
- Lead the design and execution of both open-ended and well defined tests
- Be process driven and effectively manage ongoing test programs.
- Debug in-the-field issues, often by working with the appropriate Waymo engineers
- Design test procedures and/or test equipment that allow the hand-off of tests to the Operations team
- Find ways to automate testing by writing scripts or unit tests, or leveraging the Waymo simulation infrastructure
- Write test reports, or better, automate test result reporting
- Identify system areas which need additional test coverage, propose test plans to provide coverage, and implement additional tests to ongoing test programs
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS in Software, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechatronics or equivalent engineering field
- Experience with data analysis in Python, Matlab or equivalent programming
- Experience with Linux or Unix based systems
- Proactive, organized and good collaboration skills
- Hands-on experience testing, troubleshooting or debugging air/ground/space vehicle systems or complex software systems
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience testing vehicles or robots
- ADAS System Testing Experience
- Working knowledge of SQL, Dremel, JIRA
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.