Systems Engineer, Telematics & Infotainment
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's Systems Engineering team works together to blend software and hardware systems in groundbreaking new ways. We set the high performance standards that ensure our vehicles run smoothly and keep passengers safe, then design and perform the tests that validate that performance. We're looking for talented teammates who’ll help us maintain strong teamwork and are passionate about driving results.
As a Telematics Systems Engineer you’ll work on Waymo’s telematics and infotainment.
In this role you will,
- Decompose product and safety goals into concise, testable requirements for the Waymo telematics and infotainment system
- Drive adoption of requirements for Waymo telematics such as reliability and bandwidth by collaborating with cross-functional internal teams and external partners
- Influence or develop the telematics and infotainment system design, including the tolerance to faults
- Create system architecture diagrams and documents to communicate decisions across the organization
- Work with test engineers to develop or improve test plans and verification strategies
- Analyze collected test results and derive useful insight for the cross-functional teams
- Organize, prioritize, and deliver design feedback and system testing results to help the implementing engineers deliver excellent products
We’d like you to have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, physics, or other technical field
- At least 3 years of experience in systems engineering or hardware engineering
- Domain expertise in telematics, telecommunication, display, or audio systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Written analyses in a high level language such as Python (Numpy, Matplotlib), or Matlab and database queries (SQL)
- Experience writing requirements or running tests
- Ability and desire to learn new things
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.