Head, Internal Communications
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a member of the communications team, you’ll be on the cutting edge of bringing self-driving vehicles to the public, developing strategies that will increase understanding, acceptance, and adoption of this life-saving technology. We work with reporters, editors, bloggers, and other influencers to tell stories about Waymo and the potential of our technology to change how we move and live. We partner with the engineering, business, policy, marketing and product teams to create messaging for new products and other initiatives, counter misinformation, and shape our reputation.
In this Head, Internal Comms role, you'll:
- Lead internal communications for Waymo, developing strategies to reach employees across multiple locations
- Lead a small team, with input from cross-functional partners, to run employee communication channels such as company-wide meetings, newsletters, intranet, as well as employ new creative methods to keep employees connected and informed
- Partner with People Operations and other internal stakeholders to develop high impact communications that connect employees to the vision, mission, and values of Waymo
- Work with the leadership team to engage employees and communicate company strategy and direction
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of work experience in internal or executive communications
- Strong writer and editor, with both a creative streak and ability to translate highly technical information
- Experience working closely with executives, business leaders, or senior technical staff
- Experience with executive writing, and producing speech and presentations for internal or external audiences
- Management experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience working in a high-growth start-up
- Background in the technology, automotive or mobility sector
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.