Strategic Sourcing Manager, G&A
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo's supply chain and manufacturing teams are making the cars of the future a reality. We handle all production processes and supplier development strategies: from contracts and purchasing, to designs for improved manufacturing, through quality control and delivery. We collaborate actively with Waymo engineering teams as well as external suppliers and partners to make sure everything is built to spec and delivered on time to meet the rising demands of our business.
In this Strategic Sourcing Manager role, you'll:
- Partner with the various Indirect departments, such as Information Technology, Human Resources, Facilities, and G&A; to develop and implement sourcing strategies for respective indirect categories
- Category Management: Proactively monitor and understand the industry(ies) associated with the category(ies) being sourced and identify opportunities resulting from new industry offerings and/or market shifts
- Develop and manage Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information including the collection of requirements, management of bidder communications, and meticulously analyze bid responses
- Negotiate and draft category wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk exposure and provide optimal terms and conditions. Understand and negotiate business specific legal terms and conditions and explain them to clients in an easy to understand manner
- Baseline and Savings Measurement: Quantify the baseline value of goods and services being sourced, the value of negotiations, and the final change in total cost of ownership
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- At least 5-7 years of procurement experience
- 3+ years with knowledge of Facilities, Information Technology, and Human Resources services and commodities
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all internal and external business contacts
- Ability to perform make versus buy outsourcing analyses and to develop return on investment models
- Ability to influence others and to act as a change agent within their department and company
- High personal integrity and ethics
It’s preferred if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or a related field; or equivalent education and work experience
- Candidate must have sourcing skills including but not limited to: identifying sourcing opportunities, performing spend analysis, development of sourcing strategy, project management, development of RFX documents, negotiation, contract management, supplier bench-marking, contract compliance, purchase order development, resolution of payment issues, etc
- Demonstrated track record for delivering significant and measurable savings in a large, complex and fast-moving organization
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.