Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first self-driving car, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From self driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role you’ll:
- Work across the Waymo organization to achieve a constantly high security bar for the Waymo's IP by design and build Waymo's IP Risk Management Framework, which includes classification of all IP, consistent reviews and assessments of IP risks in our systems, applications and other IT-related risk areas both internally at Waymo and externally with our supply chain
- Develop and build policies, processes, and a framework around the handling and usage of that IP, to enable teams across Waymo to make informed decisions
- Communicate with and educate process and product owners effectively on the importance of our IP programs and policies as well as own the entire project management life cycle of IP risk findings, from recommendations for remediation to prioritization and delivery with Waymo Engineering, product, etc; Develop repeatable methods to ensure a consistent IP security protection program and develop an internal knowledge base, building training programs, etc
- Identify gaps in security best practices, explore systemic issues, and apply a strategic risk mindset when reporting findings
- Conduct technical investigations of our systems, apps, and other IT related risk areas and initiate and drive engagements with external firms as needed to support in investigations and audits
- Call to attention IP related risks via audit reports, findings, and recommendations and interpret the significance of findings and make practical recommendations to Engineering on remediation; As well as act as primary and lead interface with the Google and Alphabet S&P teams for all cross-PA IP projects
We’d like you to have:
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, equivalent field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in government, security industry, transportation/logistics, or equivalent project management experience in a technology or media company
- Superior problem-solving and project management skills. Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to take charge, to interact confidently with all levels, to set objectives, and to drive results while working as a team player and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments
- Curious and inventive thinker. Not afraid to try something new
It is preferred if you have:
- Prior experience in or passion for security, compliance, risk management, and/or data protection
- Experience organizing and executing on large-scale, complex programs across large orgs
- Data analysis skills
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.