Scenario Testing Program Manager, Software Quality Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As a Program Manager and Lead for Scenario Testing team, you will be responsible for operationalizing and managing scenario creation & maintenance for safety relevant scenarios, working in close collaboration with Waymo’s Software, Simulation, Release, Systems Engineering and Data Science teams.
In this role you'll:
- Manage a high performing team of technical specialists (SMEs) and operators across multiple locations
- Establish and grow technical & subject matter expertise within your team to drive program development
- Lead strategic initiatives involving processes, simulation infrastructure and tools to help scale the organization
- Drive operational rigor, ensuring timely execution against business critical priorities
- Set-up new workflows from the ground-up, own full cycle of operational process design and implementation
- Drive improvements in team’s efficiency, build & refine metrics / KPIs.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA / BS in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Background in consulting, operations, technology, technical / program management or equivalent experience
- 3+ years leading technical projects and / or teams with excellent project management skills
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
It’s preferred if you have:
- MBA or Operations focused graduate work
- Strong technical skills; ability to work with Engineers across multiple disciplines
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude; capable of operating in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- Strategic and analytical thinker with an innovative mindset
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.