Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop firmware and software for electronic modules and hardware used in autonomous vehicles for design validation
- Participate in testing, debugging, and validating new and existing firmware
- Work with compute team and software team to define and develop the stress test for SOC and high speed interfaces
- Define and propose firmware requirements and specifications
- Perform system bring-up, debug, and validation. Optimize software to improve system robustness and performance
- Perform electrical measurements and protocol analysis for low speed and high speed signals on prototype and production PCBA
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- B.S. with 5+ years experience, or M.S. with 3+ years experience in electrical engineering, computer science, or related field is required
- Strong programming skills in embedded C/C++ and Python
- Experience with embedded software/firmware development, such as BIOS, device drivers, memory interfaces, I/O subsystem
- Experience with embedded toolchains (e.g. debugger, compiler, linker, etc.)
- Strong understanding of communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, PCIe, network, etc.) and the implementation in embedded systems
- Familiar with multi-core microprocessor architecture
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts
It's preferred if you have:
- Hands-on experience in electrical measurement of high speed interface (PCIe, MIPI, DDR, etc), voltage regulators, etc.
- Proficient in instruments such as oscilloscope, power supplies, electronic loads, RLC, DMM, VNA, frequency counters, generators, TDA, spectrum analyzers
- Understanding signal and power integrity. Perform SI/PI simulation in HFSS, ADS, LTspice, Hspice, Sigrity, etc.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.