Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 15 billion miles of simulation testing.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this Silicon Validation Software Engineer role, you'll:
- Develop firmware and software for SoC IP blocks and hardware system validation on electrical and protocol level
- Work with SoC and architecture team to understand the use-cases for various functional blocks
- Define and execute validation plan
- Enhance the existing test software to stress test the SoC and various functional blocks
- Migrate existing test software between various test environments
- Participate in silicon/system bring-up and debug, enhance existing software for bug fixing and performance optimization
- Perform hand-on electrical measurements and protocol analysis
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- B.S. with 5+ years experience, or M.S. with 3+ years experience in electrical engineering, computer science, or related field is required
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and scripting (Python)
- Strong hands on experience in software development to test IO device, functional blocks, and SoC performance
- Strong experience with embedded software
- Solid knowledge of system, SoC and x86 architectures
- Strong understanding of communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, etc.) and the implementation in embedded systems
- Experience with high speed IO characteristics and protocol validation
- Familiar with bootloader, device drivers, linux kernel, embedded toolchains, and silicon/system bring-up
It’s preferred if you have:
- Familiarity with pre-silicon verification and simulation environment
- Proficient in instruments such as oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, protocol analyzer
- Understanding signal and power integrity. Perform SI/PI simulation in HFSS, ADS, LTspice, Hspice, Sigrity, etc.
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.