Hardware Validation Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Perform hands-on measurements related of high speed signals, voltage regulators, power delivery on prototype and production PCBA
- Debug electrical system issues and failures from initial bring-up, validation, and factory EOL test. Propose and validate changes, and lead to completion
- Develop software for automated tests, regression tests, and data processing/visualization
- Develop embedded software for design validation based on existing embedded platforms
- Propose and develop improvements in validation procedure, methodology, and documentation
- Collaborate within the team and with cross-functional teams (design, architecture, etc.) for failure analysis and troubleshooting
At the minimum, we'd like you to have:
- B.S. with 5+ years experience, or M.S.with 3+ years experience in electrical engineering, computer science, or related field is required
- Experience with embedded software/firmware, such as BIOS, device drivers, memory, hardware interfaces, I/O subsystem
- Familiarity with Linux, such as terminal environment, network protocols, storage, etc.
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python, and ability to modify existing code and create new test scripts out of existing librariesHands on experience in electrical measurement of high speed interface (PCIe, MIPI, DDR, etc), voltage regulators, etc.
- Proficient in using oscilloscope, power supplies, electronic loads, RLC, DMM, VNA, frequency counters, generators, TDA, spectrum analyzers, etc.
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience with silicon validation - especially high-speed I/O, and DDR
- Experience with hardware system bring-up and troubleshooting
- Understanding signal and power integrity. Perform SI/PI simulation in HFSS, ADS, LTspice, Hspice, Sigrity, etc.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.