Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
As its name suggests, our Engineering Operations team plays a vital role in the creation and development of Waymo's self-driving technology. Software Quality, Labeling and Mapping Operations are all part of this team: we review critical events, flag problematic cases, build sets of labeled data for machine learning, and make sure our high-definition maps are extraordinarily accurate.
In this Program Manager role you'll:
- Ensure readiness and success of all labeling queues and workflows by acting as a bridge between MTV engineering teams and labeling operations (both vendor managed in HYD and partners in the US)
- Owner of labeling policies. This requires solid understanding of the engineering and operational implications of policy details
- Owning relationship and contracting with US based labeling vendors, including defining commercial terms and running of regular business reviews
- Coordinating the creation of golden sets that are used to ensure operators meet labeling quality standards
- Travel to Hyderabad, India required ~3 times annually to develop strong understanding of ops workflows
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in technical, or business discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years project/program management experience
- Strong technical abilities - able to work closely with software engineers
- Excellent project manager with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time
- Strong communication and presentation skills - can explain complicated topics and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Detail oriented, versatile, innovative, self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience with vendor operations, preferably including outsourced operations and/or contracting
- Advanced Google Docs/Sheets skills, and experience with internal Google tools
- Experience with creation of documentation for non-technical operators
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and sense of humour is always appreciated
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.