Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
In this role, you'll:
- Troubleshoot design, manufacturing, and field issues
- Assist in debug and bring-up of new systems
- Aggregate, analyze, and understand trends in the fleet returns
- Recommend and assist in software and hardware test implementations
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years working with and debugging computer or embedded systems
- Basic circuit theory and ability to read schematics
- Familiarity with common hardware debug tools, such as: power supplies, digital multimeters, scopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Comfort working in Linux environments and ability to read/modify scripts in Python and BASH
- Enjoy debugging problems in a complicated hardware/software system
It’s preferred if you have:
- 3+ years working with Linux and networking environments
- Understanding of common communication buses, such as: UART, I2C, SPI, CAN, Ethernet, PCIe, etc.
- Ability to write programs in Python, C++, BASH, and SQL
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.